This Live activity, 2022 Napa Primary Care Conference-Caring for the Active and Athletic Patient, with a beginning date of November 2-6, 2022, is acceptable for up to 16.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed credit, not as Category 1.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the following organizations. Please contact them directly about how participants should report the credit they earned.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Describe recent advances regarding various medical problems and their impact on the athlete and exercise performance.
2. Identify current recommendations for proper nutrition in active and athletic patients.
3. Illustrate key skills in the diagnosis and management of common musculoskeletal problems encountered by family physicians.
4. Diagnose common problems encountered by endurance athletes and effectively treat these conditions.
5. Define common medical-legal issues relevant to the sports medicine physician.
The curriculum is directed to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R, Orthopedics specialists as well as Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Exercise Scientists and others who want to earn Continuing Medical Education from leading experts in the field of Primary Care and Sports Medicine.