Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The AAFP has reviewed 2024 Napa Primary Care Conference and deemed it acceptable for up to 16.00 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 11/06/2024 to 11/10/2024. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA/AAFP Equivalency - Providers may choose to include the following in addition to the AAFP credit statement:
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
For all AAFP credit equivalencies and recognition, please see the AAFP Credit System website.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the following organizations. Please contact them directly about how participants should report the credit they earned.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Describe recent advances regarding various medical problems and their impact on the athlete and exercise performance.
2. Identify current recommendations for proper nutrition in active and athletic patients.
3. Illustrate key skills in the diagnosis and management of common musculoskeletal problems encountered by family physicians.
4. Diagnose common problems encountered by endurance athletes and effectively treat these conditions.
5. Define common medical-legal issues relevant to the sports medicine physician.
The curriculum is directed to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R, Orthopedics specialists as well as Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Exercise Scientists and others who want to earn Continuing Medical Education from leading experts in the field of Primary Care and Sports Medicine.